Tuesday, September 11, 2007

K.C. Gathering

For those planning or thinking about attending the K.C. gathering that is scheduled for this weekend here is an update. Perdu is still MIA from all message boards and email. I have heard that both her husband and one of her daughters has been in the hospital but know of no specifics. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

With that in mind, we are assuming that the event probably won't go off as she had originally planned in her blog and she just has not had time to update any information or cancel the event on AQ. But without hearing anything there still is some chance that she may have everything set up.

There are 22 people who have signed up and after some discussion with many of them we have decided to set a backup event plan in motion just in case. Lnd-Crzr will be creating a seperate event sign-up and will be contacting everyone who signed up for the original. I don't think Perdu had anything reserved at Loose Park but I am looking into this and will update attendees on Thursday or Friday.

If you do plan to attend, please let me or Lnd-Czrz know. I am not sure if Perdu will have a chance to release the clues to the boxes she had planted for this event, so we are looking for boxes to take and plant either temporarily or permanently. Even if you are not attending, if you have a box that we could use and return to you after the event, please let me know and I will make arrangements to pick them up.

Please check back here on Friday night as we should know more then. Thanks for your help.

Ahistory

5 comments:

Monkey Mom said...

I'll be there for sure. I'll bring some logbooks and I think we have a couple of boxes ready to go as well.

ahistory said...

Great to hear that some McMonkeys will be in attendance.

Lnd-crzr has created an updated event listing. If you plan to attend please go to http://www.atlasquest.com/events/event.html?gEventId=482
to sign up.

Fox-fyr said...

I'll throw some boxes in the midst
and some etxra logbooks as well.
*everyone dodges a flying box*

OneMeanGreenBean said...

I have a box ready to go also...the one I promised you a shot at FF, ahistory! (I'm actually a bit embarassed that I haven't planted it yet). I don't think I'll be attending this weekend's gathering in KC myself, but if you want to swing by and pick the box up just give me a shout. Either that or I can run it by your office. Just let me know.

ahistory said...

Thanks, you guys are the best. I think we will have about 8-10 temporary boxes to take to KC, along with a few traveling event stamps.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to speak to Perdu, who is unsure if she will be able to attend due to more pressing matters. Please keep her daughter in your thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery. Perdu is hoping that everyone will go ahead, meet, and have a good time.

The venue is Loose Park from 10:00 to 4:00, contact me if you need directions. We are not quite sure exactly where in the park we will be gathering so look for the group with ink stained fingers pouring over logbooks. I'm sure we won't be too hard to miss.

Hope to see many of you there.

Ahistory